- In Self, our security can never truly be obtained, it can never truly be counted on.
- John 10:28-29
- In Christ you have ETERNAL security
- "Security is not to be found in your wisdom and strength, but in the moment by moment grace that meets you in your weakness" - Paul Tripp
- Do you live as though you are secure because of what Christ has done?
- In self our money is a curse, a vehicle for our pride and greed. A millstone around our neck that drowns us.
- 2 Corinthians 8:1-5
- In Christ money is a blessing because it gives us a chance to participate in furthering the kingdom of God. Where are you within this? Is your money a blessing to you, or a curse to you?
- In self we reach for whatever we can find to gain the significance we so desperately desire. In Christ we gain significance through understanding what He says about us.
- Romans 8:1
- What is your reason for living? Where do you find your significance?
- In self failure paralyzes us and robs us of the vision of God's will in our life.
- In Christ failure is seen as a chance to be strengthened, to be molded and tested.
- James 1:2-4
- In self failure can be catastrophic and devastating
- In Christ failure can be what strengthens us to go even further than we ever dreamed.
- How do you view failure? How do you react when you face trials in your life?
- In self independence and freedom are elusive
- In Christ our independence is found in our complete and total dependence on Christ and all that he is.
- Galatians 5:1
- In self our freedom is unreachable and our independence is a lie.
- In Christ our freedom is a gift from God, and our independence is found by full and complete submission to Him.
- Are you free today? Do you have your independence?
People Perspective/Value System
- In self we look to our own interests 1st, and seek to satisfy our desires.
- In Christ we look to the interest of others 1st and seek to glorify God by putting them first.
- John 13:34-35
- Matthew 22:37-39
Are you in Christ, or in Self?