Most Recent Sermons
Pastor Ryan talks about the book of Ruth, the miracle of birth, and what lessons we can learn from the Bible about mothers.
-The show itself aired for 11 seasons with 130 episodes!
- The fourth season's premiere drew 11.8 million viewers, which made it the most watched nonfiction cable series in history.
-The merchandise from the show alone has generated $400 million in revenue.
Colossians 3:12-13 [ESV]
"(12) Put on them, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, (13) bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
"Straight and Boring"!
1. The Gift of Ruth to Naomi
Ruth 1:16 [ESV]
(16) But Ruth said, "Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go, I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people,, and your God my God.
Ruth 2:12 [ESV]
(12) The LORD repay you for what you have done, and a full reward be given you by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge!"
Ruth 1:12 [ESV]
(12) Turn back, my daughters; go your way, for I am too old to have a husband. If I should say I have hope, even if I should have a husband this night and should bear sons.
2. "God was preparing a man for Ruth in Boaz"!
Ruth 2:20 [ESV}
(20) And Naoming said to her daughter-in-law, "May he be blessed by the LORD, whose kindness has not forsaken the living or the dead!" Naomi also said to her, "The man is a close relative of ours, one of our redeemers."
Ruth 2:1 [ESV}
Now Naomi had a relative of her husband's, a worthy man of the clan of Elimelech, whose name was Boaz.
Ruth 3:11 [ESV]
"And now, my daughter, do not fear. I will do for you all that you ask, for all my fellow townsmen know that you are a worthy woman.
"God gave Ruth a son"
Ruth 4:11-13 [ESV]
(11) Then all the people who were at the gate and the elders said, "We are witnesses. May the LORD make the woman, who is coming into your house, like Rachel and Leah, who together built up the house of Israel. May you act worthily in Ephrathah. and be renowned in Bethlehem, (12) and may your house be like the house of Perez, whom Tamar bore to Judah, because of the offspring that the LORD will give you by this young woman." (13) So Boaz took Ruth, and she became his wife. And he went into her, and the LORD gave her conception, and she bore a son.
"Never, never, never give up"
Romans 12:11-12 [ESV}
"(11) Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the LORD. (12) Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.